READ, UNDERSTAND AND OBEY THE FOLLOWING!
We strive to provide everyone with a pleasant vacation experience. Our policies are written for the benefit of everyone. We reserve the right to evict anyone who fails to follow these rules — no refunds!
- DON’T BE A JERK. Be considerate, polite and courteous. Remember this one because we will be coming back to it again soon…
- CHECK IN: 1pm; CHECK OUT: 11am. We need time from 11am to 1pm to get the park ready and grab a quick lunch. We have to eat, too, you know!
“Don’t make me hangry. You won’t like me when I’m hangry.” ~ The Inedible Hulk (paraphrased, but you get the idea).
- CANCELATIONS: All reservations require a first night’s deposit so we know you aren’t trying to play a joke on us. There is a $20 cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation at least 30 days in advance. You can think of it as a penalty for telling a bad joke, but it’s really to cover our third party reservation fees. Your deposit will be held as a credit for 12 months if you cancel 8-30 days in advance because we still want you to find your happy place, and we’re pretty sure we know where it is (psst… it’s here). No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations within a week of your scheduled arrival, and no refunds or credits will be issued after check-in because…. well… it’s not a happy place if no one is around to be happy. We don’t do exceptions — not even for the death of your beloved pet gerbil.
- REFUNDS: ehh… NO. If you actually read the previous rule, it should be obvious that we don’t really do refunds. The only exception is as follows: You can have all but $20 back if you cancel more than 30 days in advance (sound familiar?). We don’t do refunds for any other reason, no exceptions (also should sound familiar), but we will hold the funds for 12 months as a credit on your account if you cancel at least 7 days in advance. See? Not all is lost. Your happy place will still be waiting for you!
- QUIET TIME – 10pm to 8am. Don’t wake the babies! Night time is a quiet time. NO EXCEPTIONS, ZERO TOLERANCE. No radios, loud talking, laughing or yelling during quiet time. Feel free to sit around the fire and talk quietly after dark, but if you want to stay up late drinking and partying then you should probably stay up all night somewhere else. That also means that if we stop by to remind you to be quiet, it isn’t because we are being mean. It’s because someone complained about you being too loud so don’t go whining about us on social media.
- BAG YOUR TRASH – Trash bins are located throughout the resort for your convenience, and for the health and safety of everyone else. We empty them regularly throughout the day. Place your bagged trash in any of the cans so you don’t attract Fart Squirrels and Trash Pandas (skunks and raccoons).
- ONLY TWO VEHICLES PER SITE – Additional vehicles, including your magnificently beautiful and expensive boat, must be parked in the parking lot. Extra vehicles may be loaded/unloaded on site (20 minute limit). All vehicles must fit within the boundaries of your site as designated by site markers, electric boxes, fences and wood lines. Keep the roads and shoulders clear at all times, and be considerate to your neighbors because they may not want to wake up and see your magnificent boat three inches from their bedroom window. This is an RV resort not a marina, golf course or a museum … except when the vintage RV and motorcycle clubs are in town.
- GOLF CARTS, ATVs and UTVs: We allow unlicensed/off-road vehicles at the resort. You must stay on paved roads, obey the speed limit, and operate all vehicles responsibly. Unlicensed operators must be accompanied by a sober, licensed adult who is in a position where they are capable of taking immediate control of the vehicle if necessary. No racing, donuts or reckless behavior.
- REGISTERED GUESTS ONLY – Sites, facilities and amenities are for registered guest only. As a registered guest, YOU are financially responsible for all individuals at your campsite, and for any and all damage anyone at your site causes. ALL VISITORS must be registered in the office (relax, it’s free) and they must depart the resort before 10pm. Visitors are NOT allowed to use any campground facilities. However, additional GUESTS are permitted to use the facilities for a fee. In other words, Visitors and Guests are not the same. They aren’t even spelled the same.
- DIGGING – Do not dig or drive stakes into the ground without prior approval. Electrical and water lines are buried in the ground between campsites. We generally know where they are, but you probably don’t. You are responsible for any damage to the resort and to yourself. We’re pretty sure that the bed in your RV is more comfortable than the one at the hospital, and our nightly rates are definitely cheaper.
- SEWER CONNECTION – An air-tight sewer boot is required by law. You may think your poo doesn’t stink, but it does. The black water tank valve must remain closed except when dumping. If you want an RV 101 refresher course on waste management, let us know. Getting educated in front of your kids will be much less embarrassing than when you discover that they used the stinky slinky to turn your neighbor’s front yard into a slip and slide (and no, we didn’t just make that up).
- CHILDREN – We LOVE kids (ask for proof — we dare you). We just require them to remain supervised by a caring parent/guardian. All children 17 and under must remain at their campsite after 10pm unless escorted by a responsible adult (your crazy uncle and your dog do not meet our definition of responsible).
- PETS – We like pets, but they must be kept quiet (no barking), kept on a leash at all times, exercised only in the designated areas and you must pick up their poo. Your pet may have worked really hard on it, and it probably looks a lot like someone from your previous marriage, but once you have posted a picture of it on social media, you must pick up it up. No one wants to step in a masterpiece. Besides, we’ll fine you $20 if we have to clean it up. Do not leave any pets unattended. NO pets are allowed in any building.
- CAMPFIRES – Fires are allowed only in the designated fire ring, and no fires larger than 1.5′ high. All fires must be out by midnight. Firewood is available at the campground office, and free delivery is available. You may bring your own firewood, but you may NOT leave your leftovers behind — burn it or take it home. That doesn’t mean toss your leftovers in the fire ring as you are driving away (we have to put that thing out before we can clean it up for the next guest). A limited number of larger “group” fire rings are available on a first come, first served basis.
- CLOTHES LINES – This is an RV park not a trailer park. No clotheslines are allowed except those attached to your camper. We have nice dryers in the laundromat.
- DEFACING – Tattoo you, but don’t art the park. Defacing trees, picnic tables, buildings or equipment is a clear violation of the first rule.
- PICNIC TABLES – Do not put anything HOT on the picnic tables. It will damage the picnic table, and that hot thing will cost you cool points — not to mention a lot of money. The tables are expensive.
- SWIMMING POOL – Sorry, but the pool is for registered guests only (blame the Michigan Health Department because it’s their regulation). Children under the age of 13 must have an adult present at the pool. There is NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY!! Stay off the safety rope — it’s not a toy! If you break any safety equipment, you are responsible for the repairs, and we are required by law to close the pool. You will lose all your cool points for that.
- ETIQUETTE – DO NOT wash RV’s, cars, boats or other vehicles without permission. Do not run generators. No offensive noises of any kind. Keep your campsite clean and tidy. Don’t walk through someone else’s site. Seriously — that’s just lazy and RUDE! We will kick you and everyone in your party out of the resort for being a jerk to your neighbors (remember the first rule?).
- FIREWORKS – Nope. Not allowed. Sparklers are permitted under the supervision of a responsible adult. If you are an adult with a sparkler, you must be supervised by an irresponsible child.
- SMOKING – NO smoking is allowed in any building. Dispose of your butts properly. Even if your butt’s nice, we don’t want to touch it.
- LIABILITY – All park facilities and equipment of the park is intended for the convenience of our guests. Any and all persons using these facilities does so at THEIR OWN RISK. The resort and management are NOT RESPONSIBLE for accidents, injuries or damage due to fire, theft, wind, flood, acts of God, stupidity, ignorance, arrogance, negligence, incompetence or any other reason you can possibly think of.